[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]
I am going to do a blog series on Eating Seasonally. I will post lots of great recipes and how to’s for the wonderful fall produce that is readily available right now. Be sure to follow my blog so you won’t miss a post.
Every fruit and vegetable has a season that it is at it’s best and is the freshest. Foods that are grown and sold in season are usually…
- grown locally
- can be readily found at small farms
- at a neighbor’s that enjoys gardening
- they will be fresher
- have a better taste
- are going to be grown with less pesticides and chemical fertilizers
- when you buy from a local small farm or a neighbor you will be able to ask questions about how it was grown and what chemicals they used
- produce bought locally will be more nutritious
- they will be more plentiful
- they will cost less
Fruits and vegetables bought locally and in there growing season are more readily available and usually cost much less than the grocery store down the street. Buying in season during the peak growing times is the best way to eat you are getting the best and most freshest food you can give to your family.
Be sure when you buy you have a plan and find recipes that use the local produce in your area. Here is a link to my Pinterest site that has lots of great recipes you can try. https://www.pinterest.com/sherryaparker/ While you are there be sure to follow me on Pinterest I am always adding new and exciting things to make and try.