I created a system a few years back for my family to keep everything we needed at our fingertips. I set up our Family Email System.Then, when they were older I created them an email and I set up the calendar for all the things they wanted to do and for there school projects, and all the fun programs at our local library and things that were important to them so they could get used to using a digital system for keeping up with there projects and there school functions.
We are a Google House
we use Google’s email, calendar, and Google Keep (an awesome to do list manager) and also Google Photo’s and Docs for school projects. Everything is so easy to use and has been around for a long time. The best thing is all this is under one password!
Setting Up The Calendar for Your Email
The house email becomes the default email that everything goes to for calendar events that anyone in the family has an appointment for. I set up each family member an email of there own, then when they were older I set up there calendars and showed them how to use the calendar.I linked all the calendars to the house main calendar that way everything they had on their calendar I had, and everything I had they had. I just didn’t give them access to change any of my calendar appointments.
This is What I put On Our Family Calendar
- School days off
- Report card days
- School field trips, and other special functions
- Doctors Appointments
- Dentist Appointments
- Due dates for special school projects
- Parents special projects, work project due dates, etc
- Parents date nights, special date nights, outings
- Church functions
- Any Club we are apart of functions
- Dates of any Club meetings, city council meetings, etc
- Birthdays of all family and extended family members,
- plus one week before birthday time to buy card date
- Vacation days from work
- Family vacations
I link everyones calendar so we all know what each other is doing and I link it to the house email. So at any time I know what my husband is doing and he knows what I have going on and he knows where the kids are at.
This system has saved a lot of time for my family
It has kept us on schedule and helped us to remember all the things we have going on in a week. We all have the G-Mail app and the Google calendar app on our phones and I have every email address connected to my Gmail account. That way if there is a glitch I know about it and can fix it no matter where I’m at.
How To Set Up the Calendar Option on Google Calendar
- Start with downloading the App for Google calendar.
- Go to the three bars on the top left, that will open your settings.
- Click settings
- Manage accounts
- Add account. This is where you will add all the emails to connect them to your calendar
- follow prompts for linking your family members emails.
- make sure you have it connected with your family house email. Set this calendar up put in family members birthdays and important events like anniversaries and important dates you want to remember.
If you try out our system please leave a comment and let me know how it is working for your family. I would love to hear from you.
Have a beautiful Day,