It’s a little late in the month but I thought I’d share one of my goals for the month of June. It’s drinking more water. we all need water to be healthy. Most of us don’t like drinking water, we want something that is sweet and that tastes good. I would like to share with you a few things I’m doing to make sure I drink more water everyday.
How I Add More Water Into My Routine
- First thing in the morning when I get up I drink 20 ounces of water with a quarter of lemon in it. I feel so much better the rest of the day when I drink my lemon water. I have tested myself. I drank my lemon water one day and the next I drank a glass of sweet tea. I felt so much better the day I drank my water first thing.
- I drink water between meals. I love sweet tea, I grew up in Atlanta Georgia. We drank sweet tea all day long there was always a gallon of ice cold tea on the counter. As my kids were growing up I did the same thing. We didn’t drink sodas we drank sweet tea. This has been a hard habit to change. I am so used to just getting up and making a gallon of tea.
- Now I make a gallon of fruit water the night before and put it in the fridge over night to get cold and marinate. I also make a gallon of lemon water to drink during the day. As we drink the water I refill the gallon container. These are the gallon jars that I use. If you want a really nice gallon jar with a spigot here is a really nice one.
- I just started using this mason jar infuser and it’s a great way to keep my fruit in the jar and out of my glass.
- The one thing I do to still get my sweet tea is I drink tea with my meals. I have cut the sugar in half. I am working on cutting it all the way out.
- I will make a jar of Celestial Seasonings tea. I have always made our tea with half gallon mason jars . We have always used honey, Now I use half the amount of honey in those too.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Here are Three of my Favorite Fruit Water Recipes
Lemon Lime Water
Slice your lemons and limes and add to your container and add water
Strawberry Blueberry Pineapple Water
1 cup strawberries sliced
1 cup fresh pineapple sliced
1 cup Blueberries, bruised
Slice your strawberries and pineapple and then take your blueberries and lightly bruise them with the back of a fork or spoon. Mashing them just a little so they release there juice. Put in your jar and add water.
Watermelon Mint Water
I use 1 cup watermelon
1 cup bruised mint leaves
I cut up the watermelon and I take a fork and just bruise the mint leaves so they release there mint flavor and add to my jar.
Finding things to infuse in your water is almost endless! Any combination you can think of you can use. Sometimes I will put a Celestial Seasonings tea bag or two into a picture of water and let it steep with my fruit.
Here is one of my goals I am working on this summer. It seems ever so small but I feel so much better than what I did a few months back before I started drinking more water. My skin looks so much better too.
I have accomplished my goal this month of adding more water and drinking less sweetened tea. I am so proud of myself. I set this goal and I completed it.
If you have a goal you are working on this month. I would love for you to post it in the comments below.
Have a wonderful day,