This Month’s Declutter Challenge
Here is a list of tasks for you to work on this month to transform and clean your bathrooms in your home.
How to Declutter Your Bathroom
- Clean all light fixtures, bathroom fan vent covers.
- Take one cabinet or drawer at a time and throw away everything that you are not using or you don’t want anymore.
- Throw out or donate to a shelter or gift them to a friend that can use them, all shampoos and hand and body lotions your don’t want to use.
- Tackle your makeup drawer. Throw away everything you don’t use. If it’s older than a year it’s a good Idea to throw it out anyway due to germs can be hiding in there!
- Next, let’s tackle your medicine cabinet. Throw away all unused prescriptions that are out of date. Check all the dates on cough and cold medicines, ointments, headache relievers, antacids, etc.
- Throw out or send to the garage all towels and wash cloths that are torn and worn out. Be sure to have a bin in the garage for old linens to use when working on projects in the garage. They make great cleanup rags that you can toss afterwards.
- If you keep your bed linens in your bathrooms go through them too. Throw out or send to the garage rag bin linens that are showing lots of wear or have tears in them.
Re- Organizing Your Space
Now comes the fun part! We have gotten rid of all the extra stuff we have accumulated over the year now it’s time to put the area back together so everything is easy to find and has it’s place in the room.
- Decide how you want to organize each space you have cleaned out. Budget how much you can spend, then look on Pinterest for ideas, or look at the photos of what I’m doing and see if you can find a great way to organize your space.
- Think of ways you can create a place where you want to unwind, take a long bath or shower and regather yourself and relax from a hard day at work. Making your space peaceful and beautiful doesn’t have to cost you a fortune, find things you like and incorporate them into your space. It can be as simple as new bathroom cup and toothbrush holder. A small plant in a beautiful planter. Go for simple and elegant. We just decluttered the space, don’t clutter it up with lots of things.
- Start putting things together. Put things in a place where they are accessible when you need them. If you have certain things you use when taking a shower or bath. Find a way to store them so they are in a caddy together and not sitting all over the bath tub or shower. Dedicate a space in a cabinet where they can be tucked out of the way.
- Organize your medicine cabinet, makeup drawer, and your hair products and blow dryers and curling irons. Find ways to put them in a place so they are out of the way and each one has it’s own place to call home.
- Be sure to let the family know about your new organized system. Label where things go so everyone is aware of the proper places for everything.
Be sure to post your comments and what you are doing in your bathroom spaces I would love to hear from you and see the great ideas you have come up with. Be sure to like my Facebook page Beautiful Southern Life and share your great ideas on how you have decluttered your space.