Decluttering Starts Here
Here is what I am doing right now.
- First I ordered this book to help me,(I ordered the audio version) “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up”
- I am working on cooking all the things I have bought instead of running to the store everyday.
- I am making a list of the cleaning items I use during the month. I do green cleaning so anything that is not a green cleaner is tossed.
- I am not buying extras on things when they are on sale, unless we use them a lot.
- I am taking note of the things in my house that I truly love and create happiness and peace in my home.
- I am going through my sheet sets and only keeping 2 sheet sets per bedroom.
- I am going through my blankets and only keeping two per bedroom.
- I am going through our towels in the bathrooms and only keeping the best ones right now. I do plan on going to 3 towels per person soon. here is my goal per person: 2 washcloths, 2 bath towels, 1 large bath towel. We are looking at a color coding system for the towels.
- I am saying “NO” to extra purchases of things I really don’t need.
- I am working on going through everyone’s closets and throwing everything that hasen’t been worn in 6 month or a year.
- We are looking at how to organize the closets better with new organization systems. You can see what we are looking at here on my Pinterest Board. We will customize each closet to the person in the room and how they use there space.
- We are taking out the wire shelving in the kitchen and re working the pantry using wood shelving and bins and baskets to corral things.
There you have an idea of what I have planned for the month. I have been so busy over the past few months that lots of things have collected in our house and they need to go to new homes. I love it when things are in place and neatly organized.
If you have projects you are working on feel free to share them with me. I would love to see how others organize their spaces.
Have a happy day,