Goal Setting, Where I’m at With Accomplishing My Goals for This Year
I wrote a post earlier this year about goal setting and how to accomplish your goals. I wanted to share with you a few of my goals and where I’m at with each one of them.
I have had a very busy year and I’m running a little behind on accomplishing the goals I wanted to have accomplished by now. That is why I wanted to write this blog post, to hold myself accountable and make progress even if it is slow progress at least I’m moving towards mastering my goals.
I Broke My Goals Down Into Seven Categories.
- Family, Social, Friends, Fun
- Career/ Business/ Blog
- Marriage /Relationship
How I Plan Out My Day
I try to work on all my goals every week even if just a little everyday. It may be something as simple as no sweets today. I try to take it one day at a time. If I do no sweets for five days I have worked on my goal of loosing weight for the year. I celebrate my successes that way I feel that I have done something towards my yearly goal. Having a journal helps me keep my goals at hand and I write out my action plan for the day.
I Try To Be Really Clear on What I Want My Outcome To Be
Instead of it being a To Do List.
- I try to be really clear on what I want my outcome to be for the day.
- I set three things to do to work on each goal. I include the reason why I have the goal, that way I am reminding myself daily why I am working towards the goal.
- I also Have a time during my morning routine that I read my goals and My vision and purpose. Even in scripture it says without a vision people perish. It’s important to have a vision for your life, what you are meant to do, why you are here.
Here is the break down of how I’m doing so far this year on the goals I set in January. These are a few of the goals I set for 2017.
Purpose: To create more energy and vitality while making progress towards my goal of walking 2 miles everyday by July 30,2017. To have more energy to do the things I want to do, to look and feel great.
- Start walking three days a week for 30 minutes. I have accomplished this goal and have moved on to walking three days a week at a Local park and added walking 2 miles each walk.
- Work on not eating sweets, breads, rice, potatoes. I am having trouble with this one. I do try to work on this one everyday.
- Drink green/lemon water through out the day instead of sweet tea.
- take my vitamins and supplements
Result: I will look and feel great. I will have a deeper sense of happiness and vitality.
Purpose: Quality of life is emotions, I want to condition myself to feel the way I want. Emotions effect everything else in my life.
- I am working on taking 100% responsibility for everything that happens in my life.
- Create a morning ritual, of things I do every morning when I first get up.
- Spend 10 minutes being grateful for the blessings God has given me in my life.
- Journal my accomplishments and failures on Evernote daily
Result: To make progress on creating the life I dream about and share with you the things I have learned and done during the year that have progressed me towards the life I dream about for my family. I want to feel a deeper sense of gratitude, joy, happiness, and fulfilment.
Purpose: This is what my life is about. What I’m made to do. I want to contribute and help others create the life they dream about.
- Develop Pinterest strategy to gain new followers
- Post blog posts on Tuesday and Thursday each week
- Start my email list for my blog
- Create blog post that help my readers with something. Share content they will be excited to read
- read 25 books this year and implement them into my life. I have read 6 already, and I am working on implementing them into my life.
Result: To make progress on beautiful Southern Life, reaching thousands of people around the world to positively help them create the life they dream about. Offer real life solutions for my readers to help them create the life they dream about.
There you have it. This was only a few of the goals I am working on everyday. I would like to start sharing my progress and the things I do to help me achieve the goals I set. Life is hard and things can get crazy really quick. I have had lots of things get in the way of me working on my goals. My goal is that with sharing a few of my goals here it will help me in being accountable to keep moving forward.
I would love to hear from you and hear the goals you have set for the year. We can help each other in creating the life we dream about.
Have a fantastic day!